It may be 2:23 in the morning, but it’s still Friday night til I go to bed.
– wrote a thousand word article about health spending accounts for work, and didn’t even go batty from citing IRS codes.
– ate half of a mandarin chicken salad from Wendy’s, and then couldn’t eat any more, while watching the season two episode of Angel called “Darla.”
– wrote a 700+-word piece of flash-fiction and submitted it to the current writing contest at TheNovelette. I can’t post it anywhere public, but if you really want to read it, I’ll email the word doc.
– whined a lot about my head and ear hurting, took a long nap in the afternoon, and had a medicinal cinnamon dolce latte.
– spent a pleasant hour playing “fetch” with Fuzzy and Miss Cleo, who told us very clearly she wanted to play with the Special Toy in the Closet.
– watched the movie “Suburban Girl,” with Sarah Michelle Gellar and Alec Baldwin. It was quirky, and charming, but not stellar.
– cuddled Zorro dog for twenty minutes, then accused him of smelling like an animal and threatened to bathe him.
– posted the new prompts for Cafe Writing.
So, what did YOU do today?
Finally finished the Jane Austen biography I’ve been reading for weeks now -it was excellent, but I’ve been reading too many other things simultaneously.
Went to a music festival at Eastern Michigan Univeristy to accompany two high school choirs who were performing.
Met my husband and mother for dinner at my mom’s favorite restaurant.
Shopped for a while in a mall overrun with teenagers (too many teenagers today methinks)
Came home, played tug-a-rope with the dogs, made rooibos tea.
Thanks for asking :)
Michele sent me to tell you that on Friday I cleaned my house in preparation for a visit from my ex, went grocery shopping & to the mall which I rarely do & ate at a Pannera bread for the first time ever (the kids & I liked it very well) then had a 3 hour visit with the ex, his girlfriend, his kid from another marriage & her kid from another marriage & then hosted her kid & her dog for an overnight (both to save my former mother in law the chaos & to let my 11 year old make a new friend) All in the same day. Whew, I’m tired just typing all that.