Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
|Thirteen Things about MISS MELISS
Things that Begin with X
Xanadu – mythical land, fabulous movie from my childhood. Olivia Newton John, Gene Kelly, and roller disco. What’s not to love?
- Xanth – fictional, pun-filled world created by Piers Anthony. It was fresh at first, then got cloying. I haven’t been keeping up with the series.
- Xanthometer – an instrument for measuring the color of seawater. Because “blue” and “blue-green” aren’t scientific enough.
- Xanthophyll – the substance that causes autumn leaves to turn yellow. Seasonal and everything. I like the part that makes them crunchy better, though
Xebec – a small three-masted pirate ship. And we all know I love all things ship-y and tar-y.
- Xenosaurus – a kind of Mexican lizard. I like lizards. They’re cool. Not so much with the snakes, which I prefer to admire from a distance.
Xeranthemum – silvery purple flowers found in the southern part of Europe. Again, we all know I like purple flowers.
- Xerox – I know it’s a brand name, but we use it to mean “copy” so often…also, it’s fun to say.
- Xilinous – has to do with cotton, my favorite fabric. Give me soft cotton over linen or silk any day.
- Xiuhtechutli – Aztec god of fire and light, personification of light within darkness, warmth in cold, and life after death. Is there a vampire story here? Also, an amazing Black Phoenix perfume that has copal, plumeria, orange and smoke in it.
- Xylocopa – carpenter bees. I’m not a bee person (my name notwithstanding), but I have an appreciation for these guys.
- Xylomancy – divination by examining wood found in one’s path. I don’t really believe in divination, but it’s fun to pretend.
- Xylophone – one of my former CSz troupemates was a percussionist. He managed to make the xylophone sexy, playing it with four mallets at once.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants