|Thirteen Things about MISS MELISS
Things that Begin with V
- Vagina Monologues: Eve Ensler’s frank episodic play about women and their anatomy.
- Vampires: Dark, seductive, mysterious…but not always toothy…the creatures of the night always fascinate and entertain me.
- Velvet: I love velvet. It’s so rich and the texture is just amazing. My favorite dressy pants are chocolate velvet, not black…I love them.
- Venison: I don’t hunt, but I have friends who do, and my venison stew is amazing. Really.
- Verandah: Porch time is a big thing for me. I’ve always wanted a big waterfront house with a verandah and a porch swing. I’m getting there. Right now, I have a big house with a pool and a deck.
- Vespers: Evening prayer. I like the calming, reflective mood of vespers more than the actual praying part, though.
- Vices: We all have them. Mine are books, expensive coffee, perfume, and hats.
- Violets: My grandmother used to talk to her violets, and even though it was her sister’s name, not hers, I associate them with her. Violets, morning glories, wooden spoons and Oil of Olay…those are her symbols and scents.
- Violoncello: Known informally as just ‘cello, this is perhaps the most versatile of the orchestral strings, and I’m not just saying that because it’s my instrument. Listen to a recording of Pablo Casals or Jacqueline Dupree, and then listen to Apocalyptica or VonCello, and you’ll understand.
- Virgin Rose: It starts out as a deep violet, and ends as an earthy, beety pink. It’s not a flower, though, it’s a shade of Special Effects hair color, and it’s my new favorite.
- Virginia: She was my cousin, and I was born on her 31st birthday. When I turned sixteen, she gave me her sweet-sixteen ring – a peridot flanked by diamonds, mounted in rose gold. I don’t wear it, but I love that I have it.
- Vitari: It’s this fruit-based sorbet we sold at the snack bar in college. No dairy, no fat, not a lot of sugar. The wild berry and peach flavors were to die for.
- Voodoo: Magic, mystery, melodrama, what’s not to love? Or at least, love reading stories about?
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!