Moonness at Open Diary wrote a survey about OD, which I've blatantly stolen, and tweaked so as to be more appropriate for LJ.
1. How did you find LiveJournal?
2. Did you start a journal as soon as you found the site, or did a period of time elapse between your arrival and starting your own?
3. What made you start your journal? Did you have a purpose?
4. Why do you continue writing? Have your reasons for keeping a journal changed?
5. How long did it take for you to figure out how to link to another journalist?
6. Have you always had one journal, have you deleted one and started another, or do you keep multiple journals?
7. Whether you still have your first, original journal, or if you've gone through multiple journals, who are the livejournal friends you've known longest?
8. Out of all the entries you've written, which one is your favorite? And what entry have you written that sticks out in your memory the most?
9. Assuming you have notes enabled on your entries, why do you like notes?
10. Other journalling sites have different conventions, including reader's choice nominations, weekly theme suggestions, and editor's choice suggestions. Are there any such things you'd like to see implemented here?