I saw this meme, and thought it looked like fun:
Name your favorite song by . . .
Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath)
Paul McCartney (non-Beatles, just to make it harder)
Billy Corgan (solo, Smashing Pumpkins or Zwan)
- Jimi Hendrix: “Voodoo Child” – I liked the name before I ever liked the song.
- Tony Iommi: “Turn Up the Night” – I was never really a Black Sabbath fan, but I remember kind of liking this song when the guys in school were into this band.
- Paul McCartney: “Band on the Run” – This got a lot of radio play when I was nine and ten years old (1979 / 1980). I remember hearing it just after PM Magazine did their story on the “Paul McCartney is Dead” hoax.
- Billy Corgan: “The CameraEye” – No reason, I just like it.
- Phil Collins: “Separate Lives” – It’s all tied up in high school and college and teenaged angst and melodrama, for me. In a good way.