|Thirteen Things about MissMeliss
13 things that begin with N
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
- Napkins: I don’t like sticky fingers, so napkins are a crucial element of every table I set, and every dinner I serve. It drives me crazy when people don’t think to put them out.
- Nash, Ogden: One of my favorite poets, especially because he’s so silly. My favorite piece of his is The Tale of Custard the Dragon
- Nectarines: Peaches without the fuzz! Actually, they’re not quite the same, but I love them.
- Nesting: There are times when the best thing one can do for oneself is to withdraw for a while and just curl up on the couch with books and dogs and tea. This is nesting.
- New Jersey: I may be a little biased since I was born there, but it has the best tomatoes, the best corn, and some of the best beaches I’ve ever experienced.
- Nifty: In my effort to use the word “cool” less, I started using “spiffy” and “nifty.” It makes me smile when it rolls off my tongue.
- Night: My mind is most alive after the sun has gone down. I find myself wanting to write at three AM a lot, and curse the fact that I still have to engage in daylight activities to make money.
- Noodling: It’s doodling, but with music, or words.
- Northern Lights: Never seen them, always wanted to. They haunt my dreams.
- Notebooks: I like my moleskine, but my favorite notebook ever is a simple Mead college-ruled spiral notebook. They’re so un-pretentious that you don’t have to feel as though the words you put in them have to be good.
- Novels: I read many things, non-fiction, short stories, etc, but for losing oneself in a story, nothing beats a really gripping novel. Nothing.
- Noxzema: One whiff and I’m six years old and coated in sand and salt and sunburn. Instant time travel. Also, I really like how my skin reacts to it – even my froufrou Aveda doesn’t please me as much.
- Nutmeg: Grated over latte foam or eggnog, or ground for use in pies and muffins, nutmeg is one of my favorite “sweetening” spices.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants