Name two things that made you smile this week.
– I won a shiny pink iPod shuffle.
– Fuzzy didn’t grumble (much) about having to move furniture the other night.
Fill in the blank: Don’t you hate it when ________?
– The toilet paper is hung in a direction contrary to the one which you prefer? It’s such a little thing, but it drives me nuts. Fuzzy actually claimed that the reason he never puts new rolls ON the roller is that he thinks I’ll yell at him if it’s the wrong direction. (After 12 years of marriage, he should KNOW the right direction. Also, he should know how I like the towels folded by now.)
When you can’t go to sleep, what is your personal remedy to help yourself drift into Lullabyland?
– Sex helps, sometimes, but then other times it just wires me. Most nights, I get up and write, or read. James Joyce’s stream-of-consciousness writing style is great for sending me into the sleepies. And if all else fails, Sleepytime tea works wonders.
What is something about which you’ve always wondered but have not yet found a good answer?
– Well, I’m kind of curious about why organic milk has a longer expiration date than chemically enhanced milk, or, for that matter, how Horizon can make milk that does just fine at room temp (until opened). I used to wonder about how they make teflon stick to pans but Cecil cleared that up for me.
What is your favorite pasta dish?
– Pasta e fagioli, made the way my grandmother did, and not the way Olive Garden butchers the recipe. It’s the ultimate comfort food. Really. All cheesy and garlicky and soupy and…I’m suddenly wondering if I have the ingredients.