|Thirteen Things about MissMeliss13 of my favorite comfort foods.
- Peanut butter, banana, and honey sandwiches on lightly toasted whole grain bread.
- Macaroni & Cheese – preferably the kind from Stouffer’s, made so there’s a blistery skin on the top.
- Pasta e fagioli – an Italian noodle and bean soup, made meatless during Lent, but often can include meat during the rest of the year.
- Chili and cornbread – there’s something so completely soothing about a steaming bowl of chili.
- Sliced tomatoes – lightly salted, and preferably just off the vine and still warm from the sun.
- Pizza – either just cheese pizza, or with pepperoni. Thin crust. Cold coke.
- Falafel – Who new the chick pea could be so stylish. Wrapped in pita with tahini sauce, this is just smile-inducing.
- Beef stew – with a little red wine and a crusty bread to go with it.
- Cheeseburger, fries, and a chocolate milkshake – artery-hardening, but so tasty.
- Polenta – it’s more than cereal, less than a real meal. I’ve had it once or twice with gorgonzola – pungent but pleasant.
- Tuna fish with a hard boiled egg mixed in – my mother used to make this for me when I was a kid. It sounds gross, but really it’s quite tasty.
- Chocolate pudding, served still warm. It’s fine if there are bananas or Nilla wafers in it, but it’s also good naked.
- Cheesecake. Dry to the point of being crumbly, and more rich than sweet.