Snipped from Truffle at OD.
1. Who did you last get angry with?
Myself, for judging someone unfairly, and too harshly.
2. What is your weapon of choice?
Words. When flung carelessly, heedlessly, they do instant damage that is far more lasting than any physical weapon. You can stitch a wound of the flesh. Wounds of the heart are harder to heal.
3. Would you hit a member of the opposite sex?
Actually, I have a mean right hook… Seriously, I joke about there being people I want to slug, but I'd never actually do so. I might break a nail or something.
4. How about of the same sex?
Gender is irrlevant in this case.
5. Who was the last person who got really angry at you?
I have no idea. I know who should be angry with me, and keeps forgiving me, but that doesn't count.
6. What is your pet peeve?
Dishonesty. I don't trust easily, so when I do trust someone and they lie to me, it really pisses me off.
7. Do you keep grudges, or can you let them go easily?
I'm pretty mercurial, and none of my moods last. Except where certain appraisal companies are concerned.
1. What is one thing you're supposed to do daily that you haven't done in a long time?
Make the bed. I've never really seen the point in it, but at the same time, I do like it when the bedroom looks all crisp and neat.
2. What is the latest you've ever woken up?
Eleven, but I've gone back to bed after.
3. Name a person you've been meaning to contact, but haven't:
. I love her writing, and miss her when she's not prolific, and have been meaning to note her for weeks.
4. What is the last lame excuse you made?
To my mother, when I didn't want to bother finding a piece of paper on my desk: It's at home, Mom, I'll call you when I get there.
5. Have you ever watched an infomercial all the way through?
Infomercials are banned from being played in my home. And pay no attention to the Pilates machine in the garage.
6. When was the last time you got a good workout in?
I was doing a dance/aerobics thing while Fuzzy was building my new bookshelf last night.
7. How many times did you hit the snooze button on your alarm clock today?
None, I was out of bed before it went off.
1. What is your overpriced yuppie beverage of choice?
Chai. Or caramel macchiatos. Or mocha valencias. Or…Um, pretty much anything from $tarbucks. Because chocolate anciennes isn't easily available in the USA
2. Meat eaters: white meat or dark meat?
I like dark poultry and rare beef. So, sue me.
3. What is the greatest amount of alcohol you've had in one sitting/outing/event?
When I was 22 and had just broken up with M. I went through an entire bottle of white zinfandel in one evening.
4. Have you ever used a professional diet company?
5. Do you have an issue with your weight?
I like the answer Truffle borrowed from Rainmaker: Don't /all/ women?
6. Do you prefer sweets, salty foods, or spicy foods?
I like sweet, salty, and savory. My favorite candy bar is PayDay, despite the lack of chocolate, because it combines the first two.
7. Have you ever looked at a small housepet or child and thought, “LUNCH!”?
Um, no. Ieww.
1. How many people have you seen naked (not counting movies/family)?
Not including communal showers and nude beaches? 10.
2. How many people have seen YOU naked (not counting physicians/family)?
3. Have you ever caught yourself staring at the chest/crotch of a member of your gender of choice during a normal conversation?
No, but only because that's NOT where my attractions are sparked.
4. Have you “done it?”
Let's be vague, shall we? :) Yes.
5. What is your favorite body part on a person of your gender of choice?
The nape of the neck. I think it's a really intimate part of the body.
6. Have you ever been propositioned by a prostitute?
7. Have you ever been tested for an STD or pregnancy?
1. How many credit cards do you own?
Five, but I don't, you know, use them.
2. What's your guilty pleasure store?
Papyrus. Barnes and Noble. Borders. Mai Do.
3. If you had $1 million, what would you do with it?
Pay the mortgage down to under $200k – but not off because we need the mortgage interest credit too badly – add a room, add a hot tub and remodel the pool, go on a $25k shopping spree and let Fuzzy do the same, and invest the rest.
4. Would you rather be rich, or famous?
I'd rather be infamous.
5. Would you accept a boring job if it meant you would make megabucks?
6. Have you ever stolen anything?
Nothing tangible, no.
7. Five things that you would never give up?
My cello, coffee, cool pens, flowers, and sex.
1. What one thing have you done that you're most proud of?
Telling my step-father I love him. It only took me 12 years…
2. What one thing have you done that your parents are most proud of?
They're most tickled that I have a home of my own, a job I don't hate, and a stable relationship.
3. What thing would you like to accomplish in your life?
I'd really like to take a 'bare boat' cruise – where you go as crew and work for your trip.
4. Do you get annoyed by coming in second place?
5. Have you ever entered a contest of skill, knowing you were of much higher skill than all the other competitors?
Does Scrabble count?
6. Have you ever cheated on something to get a higher score?
7. What did you do today that you're proud of?
It's ten AM. I haven't even had coffee yet. Ask me later. :) (Oh, well, okay. I wrote a snailmail letter.)
1. What item (or person) of your friends would you most want to have for your own?
I'd like to have 's wit, and 's ability to be so completely naked in her writing, and Max @ OD's way with words.
2. Who would you want to go on “Trading Spaces” with?
No one, but I wouldn't mind having a carpenter and a designer at my beck and call.
3. If you could be anyone else in the world for a day who would you be?
The cellist in the group Bond.
4. What are you better at than anyone else?
I have perfect pitch and an excellent memory.
5. Have you ever wished you had a physical feature different from your own?
I always wanted skin that didn't have an olive undertone, and was darker. Otherwise…I hate my hands. They're too small.
6. What inborn trait do you see in others that you wish you had for yourself?
Self-confidence. I lack this far too often for my own good.
7. Finally, what is your favorite deadly sin?
Lust. Definitely lust.