I'm really unfocussed at work today. And I'm too distracted to write real entries. And its fun to annoy by posting surveys.
1. If you could have anything delivered to your doorstep each morning, what would it be?
Breakfast. I never eat breakfast.
2. What is one vacation destination that many people think is just fabulous but which you personally have no desire to visit (or revisit)?
3. If you were five years younger but knew everything at that age that you've actually learned over the last five years, what is one thing you would definitely do differently?
Left SoDak Earlier
4. If you could wake up to one smell every morning (besides coffee) what would it be?
5. Suppose that right now you could be at your favorite vacation spot, reading your favorite book, listening to your favorite CD, and eating your favorite food. What would be your choices for those four categories, and who, if anyone, would be with you?
I'd be in the cafe at Drake's Beach near Pt. Reyes, reading any beach book that was available. Probably Up Island or Low Country by Anne Rivers Siddons, not my favorite books, but my favorites for the mood I'd want to invoke. The cd would be a flute and piano jazz cd that I play a lot while reading, and while any number of people might be lingering, I don't like company while reading. And I'd be eating clam chowder with crusty sourdough bread. Which is my favorite food in that setting.
6. Which animated character is your all-time favorite?
I don't like animation.
7. If you had to write a brief message on a dollar bill that many people would eventually see as the currency circulates, what message would you write?
Shut up and read.
8. If you could own a home on the shore of any body of water in the world, which waterfront would you choose?
Anywhere from Half Moon Bay north on the Pacific Coast, or Maine.
9. Suppose you had the opportunity to choose 3 people with whom to eat dinner: a famous sports figure, a movie star and a popular singer. Who would you choose?
Scott Hamilton, Susan Sarandon, and Loreena McKennit.
10. What serves as the greatest motivation for you in your daily life?
Right now? I want a bigger house, and I want to retire in eight years, so I can write full time.
11. What activity that you have to do every once in a while do you dread the most?
Cleaning the hot tub.
12. If you were a multimillionaire, what do you believe you would be doing at this very moment?
Replacing my laptop /and/ desktop computers, and not just one of them.
13. If you could have a cookie jar full of anything you wanted, except money or cookies, what would it be filled with?
Buttons (the kind for clothing, not promo-pins)
14. When people hear what you do for a living, what is the most typical question or comment they give you regarding your job?
“What are rates like today?”
15. If you could have any round object in the world, what spherical item would you want?
Right this minute? A tangerine.
16. If you were left alone for one hour with nothing more than a pen and a notepad, what would you be inclined to draw or write during those 60 minutes?
Write. I have absolutely no talent for drawing.
17. If you could witness anything at all in super-slow motion, what would you want to see?
I'm really not a fan of anything slow. I have no patience for it.
18. If someone were looking for you in a bookstore, in what section would they be most likely to find you?
Mystery, science fiction, general fiction, cards.
19. What do you forget to do more often than anything else?
20. If you could teach everyone in the world one skill, what would it be?
Effective use of voice mail.
21. You've been offered the chance to paint a billboard along a highway with any message you choose, as long as it's only 10 words long. What is your message?
“Until there are none; adopt one. Rescue an animal today.”