|Thirteen Things about MissMeliss
13 Things That Begin with A with a nod to Janet for the inspiration.
- Acting: I don’t get to do much of it lately, except in improv and then it’s really short bits, but I still love the whole process of becoming another person for a while, and figuring out the subtext.
- Alliteration: As if the name “Miss Meliss” isn’t a dead giveaway.
- Alphabetizing: There’s something calm in an organized list, and then, I also spent a lot of time in libraries as a kid.
- Annie: When I was a little girl, this was my favorite musical. I still know all the songs, dialogue, and choreography.
- Animals: While I live with dogs, I like most animals, or at least most mammals. But then, I’m intrigued by sharks, too, and birds.
- Apples: There’s nothing quite as satisfying as the crunchy sweet-tartness of the perfect apple. I prefer Braeburns over most other varieties, and am happy to eat them alone, or with some cheddar. They’re equally good pressed into cider, or stewed into apple butter or apple sauce.
- Arches: They’re my favorite architectural feature, whether they’re filled in with glass, or simple brick with trailing vine. They’re something magical about them.
- Arguments: I don’t like fighting, but there’s something really satisfying about a good argument, even is sometimes it’s just arguing for the sake of arguing.
- Art Supplies: When it comes to visual art, I have almost zero talent, but I love art supplies. I have crayons just to have them. I love papers and pastels and colored pencils. I think it’s because they represent possibility, and innocence.
- Artichokes: One of my favorite vegetables – and so simple. A little steam, a little butter or mayo, and you’ve got a meal.
- Aspen Trees: I spent a significant part of my childhood in the mountains of Colorado, and Aspens are part of the landscape there. I love their white bark, and the way the leaves turn to gold.
- Aveda: My favorite salon, and my favorite line of cosmetics – I like them because they’re never pushy, they treat you really well, and the ingredients are organic. Also, nothing smells bad in that horrid chemical way.
- Avocados: I grew up eating these in salads, or just marinated in vinaigrette, long before I’d ever heard of guacamole. Later, I learned to like avocado ice cream, though it’s not my favorite flavor.