asked me five questions.
1) Something simple. Favourite colour(s)?
This is so not simple :) In clothes, right now, I'm heavily into red, black, white, and grey, in various combinations. Not sure why. In general, though, I like purple, and I like icy pastels: lavender, periwinkle, and white are the colors I'm eventually painting the guest room and master bedroom in my house. I've always been a fan of teal, and sage green. Moody murky rainy colors, I guess.
2) There's been a spate of superhero's lately. Reworked on the big screen, and the little one. Who is the hero you identify most with, or would want to be. If none, is there a superpower you'd want to have most of all, and why?
When I was eight I had a crush on Superman, and when I was four my aunt and I used to play Batman and Robin, and I was Batman, but I don't really identify with any superheroes. Superpowers, though, would be cool. I'd really like to be able to have ten-second time-looping capabilities, so I could go back, and give different responses to things, or make different decisions. I think that would be too easy to abuse, though.
3) If there was one thing in your past that you could identify that would have changed your whole lifes path to where you are now, would you go back and change it given the opportunity. I think I know the answer to this one, but I'm still curious to know.
Other than finishing college, since I already wrote about that.
I had an abortion in 1996. We'd only been married a year, and we were in no shape (financial, emotional, residential) to have children, and I still believe it was the right choice for us, at that time. But sometimes I wonder how my life, our lives, might have been different if we'd made a different decision.
4) I don't know if you've caught the travel bug. You always seem so grounded in your writing, in a very positive sense. But if the itch ever took you, where is first on your list of travel destinations and why?
Actually I love to travel, it's just that it's a hassle because of having to kennel the dogs or hire a dog-sitter. (My older dog is epileptic, so we can't just have someone feed them and leave it at that – he requires more care). We spent Christmas 2002, in the South of France, for example, and I'd love to go back. Beyond that, I'd really love to see Alaska, the Caribbean side of Mexico, Italy, Australia and New Zealand. Fuzzy's company keeps whispering about opening a site in Sydney, but chances are that the Asian group will own it, and not the American group, and the timing was bad when we had the chance to move to London, a few years ago.
5) I throw the door open to you. What's the one question you'd want an interviewer to ask you?
Do I have to just state the question, or answer it as well? :)
Seriously, I can't pick questions for myself. I like to talk about rain and music and books, more than anything, so…probably something about that.