Another survey – stolen from Nrrd @ OD this time.
1. What religion do you follow?
Culturally, Italian Catholic with all the guilt, drama and pasta that implies. In practice, I'm not one for organized religion – I find that the politics that get brought in really bother me.
2. What religion were you raised as?
See above. And throw in some Unitarian Universalism and Secular Humanism for good measure.
3. Do you believe that forgiveness is a religious property, or a human property?
4. Do you believe in magic?
Wasn't it Clarke who said that any technology sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic? My believes tend to be of that nature, but I'm open to possibilities.
5. What was the last promise you broke?
6. Have you ever said the words to a prayer and not meant it?
Does saying 'grace' around a table count? Then, yes.
7. Do you believe that anyone could be perfect?
No. Anyway, flaws are sexy, and make us real.
1. Did you get everything you wanted over the last holiday season?
I've never been disappointed in that regard.
2. Regarding your future, what is the best thing you could hope for?
3. Do you let yourself get your hopes up for something even if you know that there is a large chance of failure?
Sometimes. Not with anything life-threatening.
4. Have you ever bought a lottery ticket?
5. Do you gamble?
On the rare occasions when we've been driving through Reno or Vegas, I've blown the leftover laundry money on slot machines, and I like informal poker games.
6. Have you ever had something called off on account of bad weather, but then gone ahead and done it anyway?
Yes. Just changed the venue.
1. What causes do you support?
Financially? Food banks, pro-choice organizations, Amnesty International, and animal rescue.
2. What groups have you given money or time to?
I used to get up every Saturday at 5 AM to do Clinic Defense – escorting patients and doctors past anti-choice demonstrators and into clinics safely. I've done benefits for BACORR and contributed to the Walk for Choice.
3. Have you ever worked in a soup kitchen or done another kind of outreach for the homeless?
4. Would you ever consider joining the Peace Corps, Amnesty International, or another travel-inherent worldwide charity group?
I spent a summer in Costa Rica when I was much younger, with Earth Stewards. But we were send home early because of a cholera epidemic. It was fun, but I'm not much for roughing it.
5. Do you give money to the homeless on the street?
6. Have you ever helped out a friend with basic needs, like rent or food?
7. What's the greatest extent you've gone to help a friend in need?
I've had friends stay with me when they needed safe havens.
1. What are you most afraid of?
2. What did you do today that was really brave?
Today? I posted something in a semi-private journal last night that was kind of naked. It was technically after midnight.
3. Who is your favorite superhero, and why?
Superman. Anyone who can do what he does and never get a run in his tights is a man to be reckoned with.
4. Would you put your life in danger to rescue someone?
I'm honestly not certain. I'd like to hope so.
5. If you were to face the Wizard, would you want more courage, more brains, or more heart?
6. Have you ever gotten stage fright?
7. Do you consider yourself to be a leader or a follower?
Both. Neither. It's situational.
1. Have you ever been summoned for jury duty?
Yes, summoned to be a possible jurist. But never called.
2. If they reinstated the draft (for both sexes), would you go, or would find some way out of it?
As I'm over thirty, this really wouldn't affect me at all.
3. Do you support capital punishment (the death penalty)?
Not generally, no.
4. Do you believe that Dubya is rightfully President of the USA?
What I believe in this matter changes nothing.
5. What was your favorite media circus trial?
6. Have you ever written a letter to a politician?
1. What do you have the hardest time moderating yourself on?
2. Do you collect anything?
Hats, stationery, treasure boxes, and electronics.
3. Are you addicted to anything?
4. Have you ever put anything on layaway or used an installment plan?
5. What's your preferred method of paying for things?
Debit card, because it forces me to budget.
6. Tell us one thing you wish you hadn't let yourself do:
The time I dyed my hair black. Ugh. I nearly melted it getting the color out.
7. Do you feel that you obsess over things?
1. Who is the wisest person you know?
& @ LJ and Truffle & Max @ OD
2. Have you ever participated in a vigil?
3. Do you take advice when it's given?
4. What area are you wisest in?
I have no idea. I don't think I am, really.
5. Do you drive defensively?
I hate driving.
6. Have you ever had unprotected sex outside of marriage?
Yes, but I've been married for eight years, so it was in the dark and distant past.
7. What did you learn today?
Zanotto's makes good sushi.