I've done this before, but political rants always make me feel the need to focus on the good in life. And I just wrote one at OD. So, here are seven things I'm thankful for tonight. Thanks to for the concept which I've blatantly ripped off.
1) I'm thankful that I have a roof over my head. I live in one of the most expensive regions in my country, in a city with a visible homeless population. Of those of us who have jobs, many are one paycheck away from being homeless. I'm lucky that I'm not.
2) I'm thankful for my mother. We don't always agree, and sometimes we have huge arguements, but she gave me a solid grounding in self worth and a feminist sensibility that I chose to embrace. And she just wrote my marketing campagin for me.
3) Sobe. Today I'm thankful for Sobe. Oh, I know, it's still a sugary fruit juice, but the flavors are lovely (I like the white kind, and the Dragonfruit kind) and the colors are pretty, and the lizard makes me smile.
4) My dogs. Small furry bundles of unconditional love. Yes, sometimes they do horrible things to my belongings, but still.
5) Fuzzy. He dragged me out of the house and hung my corkboard at my office. And I didn't even have to bribe him with Spiderman (which we've yet to see.)
6) The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood One of my favorite books because it portrays such realistic relationships between mothers and daughters. It's a great book to re-read, and I've started doing that this weekend. And there's a movie coming out in June.
7) Sleep. I never used to be a sleeper. In truth, until recently I thought sleep was a waste of time. This weekend, sleep has been better than chocolate, and I've had the most wonderful dreams.