Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
|Thirteen Things about MISS MELISS
Things that are Red
1. Cranberries. I love them as decorations, but I like them as food, as well. Tart. Sweet.
2. Tulips. Among my favorite flowers. Classic elegance.
3. Chianti Sunflowers. Bold, more red than orange. Vibrant.
4. Syrah. I like it so much more than any merlot.
5. Tea Kettles. My current one is blue, but red is my preferred color.
6. Keds. The first pair of sneakers I remember wearing were basic red canvas Keds.
7. OPI Big Apple Red: One of my favorite nail colors. I also like “I’m Not Really a Waitress” and “Dutch Tulips” but the latter really straddles the pink/red line.
8. Bing Cherries: I eat them as if they were candy in the summer. Equally delicious chilled or warm.
9. Brick walls. Our house, like most in this region, is wood with a brick veneer. I love the brick. I love it with ivy trailing over it, sun warmed, rain dampened. I just…love brick.
10. Grandma’s Living Room: For most of my life, the carpet in my grandmother’s living room was deep red. She changed it when I was about 17. I liked the retro look with the red carpet and the black and white couch better than the beige and Berber she changed it to. I’m sure it’s just me, but I think she lost some of her zest for life when that carpet was changed.
11. Red Hats. I have a red beret that I wear a lot, but I also have a rounder red hat with a beaded ribbon. It’s from the 50’s but I love it.
12. Classic Red Blazer. With jeans or black pants, and a perfectly pressed shirt.
13. Kicky Red Shoes. To add a touch of color to any outfit (almost). Flats or heels, it doesn’t matter. Every woman needs red shoes.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants