…don’t get me down; they inspire me to write. Today, however, I really wanted to just sleep, and I did take a nap instead of having lunch, if you must know.
As for the weekend, and the non-nap parts of the day? Bullet points are my friends.
- Friday Night: Received new cell phone from UPS and it melted in my hand after making brown electrical smoke. Went to Cingular store to exchange it, then to Jamba Juice and then to Mimi’s for take out (mmm, quiche and salad). Exchanged phone subsequently turned out to be both broken and illegally returned by an employee who put it in a new box. Watched Stargate as Cingular kept us home too long to go to CSz. Missed phenomenal show.
- Saturday: Went back to Cingular, got NEW new phone. Went to Cracker Barrel for comfort food. Went to Jamba Juice and then to CSz where I played, but it was an off-kilter night. It didn’t COMPLETELY suck, but it wasn’t at all focused or cohesive. After the show, went to dinner with troupemates, and celebrated D’s birthday.
- Sunday: Slept and puttered and ate tacos and watched movies and wrote.
- Monday: Worked from 7:30 AM – 11:45 AM. Slept from noon to 1:30. Worked til 4:30. Went to lunch. Went to Workshop even though I wanted to stay home and sleep. Workshop helped me feel better. Came home happy and wired. Ate dinner while watching season finale of Heroes. Had brief but nice chat with friend.
And since I’m having fun with lists, and we played Seven Things as a warm-up at Workshop, here is my list of Seven Things in My Day:
- Woke to the happy surprise that it was raining. As chances for rain today were below 40%, had not been expecting actual precipitation.
- Was awake and functional before eight AM despite having been up til almost four.
- Caught an episode of Star Trek Voyager that I’d never seen before, spontaneously captured by TiVo.
- Chose to nap instead of eat lunch, and woke feeling refreshed and clear-headed.
- Left for Workshop with enough time to get an iced almond latte on the way, and still make it to the Arena early and before the rain came.
- Had my favorite bra break (the plastic “underwire” snapped in two) during dinner – an excuse for new lingerie!
- Found out that even though NBC canceled Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip the remaining episodes of the completed first season are airing on Thursdays beginning this week.
And with that, I’m off to bed.