I’m in a thematic mood today, and the color red is speaking to me, so for my last Thursday 13 of 2010, and my first in months, I’m celebrating that color.
- The cloth cover, long since unprotected by any dust jacket, of my copy of Winnie the Pooh, by A. A. Milne. I’ve had it since forever.
- The pair of Keds sneakers I had when I was five or six, and ran around the yard twirling and singing the theme song from ZOOM.
- The tea kettle that sits on my stove, and whistles at me. It’s overall shape is reminiscent of the FTD logo, but that’s okay, because I love flowers.
- My crock pot that I typically use for heating cider or making chicken soup. Pot roasts, on the other hand, I make in the oven.
- My favorite cardigan sweater, especially when worn over a red, black, grey, and white striped shirt.
- My much-mourned-for favorite bra: demi-cups, rhinestones tracing the contour, and it gave me the perfect ‘lift.’ I had to toss it after the plastic tube it had instead of under-wire snapped in two.
- Cranberry juice, my juice of choice, because I love the sweet-tart taste as much as I love the color.
- The holiday cups at Starbucks. Once they appear, you know the magic months have begun.
- Maximus’s collar and EZ-Walk harness. He’s a black and white (really a blue merle) Pointer/Boxer mix, and he looks so handsome when decked for walkies.
- The ink in one of my favorite Sarasi pens, given to me by a friend who said that if I used it to write, my writing would be better and more authentic. Also, it just makes me happy.
- Classic Coca-Cola cans: who says you can’t bottle joy?
- My Dell Studio laptop and my Dell Studio Hybrid desktop. I compose at the keyboard. Using red computers is almost as potent as using red ink, right?
- Bonny Doon Syrah, my favorite every-day wine. It’s difficult to find in Texas, but you can order it from their website.
The irony? As I write this, I’m dressed in black and Slytherin green.
Like this meme? Play along at the Thursday 13 website.