Taken from TechnoCowboy…
Go to Wikipedia and look up your birth day (excluding the year). List three neat facts, three births, and three deaths in your journal, including the year. (Items in red took place on my ACTUAL birthday – August 17, 1970)
- 1427 – First band of gypsies visits Paris, according to an account of the citizen of Paris
- 1970 – Venera program: Venera 7 is launched. It will later becomes the first spacecraft to successfully transmit data from the surface of another planet, Venus.
- 1980 – Azaria Chamberlain disappears, likely taken by a dingo, leading to what was then the most publicised trial in Australian history.
- 1601 – Pierre de Fermat, French mathematician (d. 1665)
- 1786 – Davy Crockett, American frontiersman and soldier (d. 1836)
- 1893 – Mae West, American actress and playwright (d. 1980)
- 1880 – Ole Bull, Norwegian violinist (b. 1810)
- 1983 – Ira Gershwin, American lyricist (b. 1896)
- 1990 – Pearl Bailey, American singer and actress (b. 1918)