Temperatures over 100 should be illegal. Actually, I’m not fond of anything over 90, but when it’s not humid, I can deal. Still, I’m not a fan of summer because:
- I don’t like to sweat without exertion to earn it. It gives me acne breakouts that make me look even more like a twelve-year-old than I generally do.
- I become lethargic.
- The dogs become even more lethargic than I do.
- Ever since having LASIK six years ago, I’m very sensitive to bright light.
- The bugs from outside try to come inside. I hate bugs.
- Since I’m long past school days, those long summer evenings just mean I don’t want to ease into my evening routine. I stay up too late, and then I don’t function well in the morning.
- I am constantly reminded how near the beach we don’t live. I miss the ocean. The shark toy in the pool doesn’t help.
On the other hand, summer does bring my birthday and Shark Week, though not in that order.