I know Valentine’s Day was last week, but I’m in a distinctly PINK mood today, so I’m celebrating a color I used to detest, and now can’t get enough of, with this week’s late-ish entry for Thursday 13:
- Beet juice, when it stains the sink and cutting board, seeping into the cracks in the ancient enamel.
- Gerbera daisies, especially when they’re in salvaged glass bottle-turned-vase.
- Raspberries, the perfect sweet-tart explosion on your tongue.
- The blush of a new romance, just as it begins to take form.
- The tender kisses you still share almost twenty years later.
- The sky when the sun is at just the right angle against the clouds, at dusk or dawn.
- Cherry blossoms against a chilly gray sky on a damp day.
- Roses cut from the back yard bush – watch out for thorns!
- A fresh coat of OPI “Dutch Tulips” nail polish.
- A strawberry and vanilla breakfast smoothie made with unsweetened almond milk.
- Grocery store carnations that your husband brings home because he knows you love to fill the house with flowers.
- The soft, warm belly of a wriggling dog asking for attention and affection.
- The hint of color that makes watermelon tourmaline your favorite semi-precious stone.
This work, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.